Playing times have been announced for the opening rounds of the 86th Masters Tournament, which begins Thursday at Augusta National Golf Club.
Tiger Woods is scheduled to kick off at 10:34AM ET Thursday with Louis Oosthuizen and Joaquin Niemann. The 5-time Masters Champion has given an update On his situation earlier on Tuesday, he said, “As of now, I feel like I’m going to play.”
The focus may be on including Woods on the tee – marking his return to competitive golf for the first time since the Masters in November 2020 – but there are plenty of other strong gatherings for the opening two rounds.
Here is a look at some of the most important groups:
• Bryson DeChambeau, Cameron Smith, Paul Casey (10:23 a.m. ET Thursday): Joining 2020 US Open winner Deschamps, who has struggled with injury, defending champion Smith, who has finished 10th in four of the last five Masters titles, and veteran Casey, who has scored five of the top 10 Augusta National titles.
• Tiger Woods, Louis Oosthuizen, Joaquin Niemann (10:34 a.m. ET Thursday): Woods, a five-time Masters champion, joined in on his much-anticipated first start since a single car crash in February 2021 as his right leg was considered amputated, by 2010 Open Championship winner Oosthuizen, who scored six times as runner-up. In the majors, and Neiman, 23, who won this year’s Genesis Invitational host by Woods.
• Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Thomas and James Piot (10:45 a.m. ET Thursday): Defending Masters champion Matsuyama is paired alongside Thomas, 6-for-6 in cuts made at the Augusta National, and American amateur champion Piot.
• Dustin Johnson, Billy Hurschel, Colin Morikawa (1:30 p.m. ET Thursday): Johnson, the 2020 Masters Champion, meets 2014 FedExCup Champion Horschel, and two-time Main Champion Morikawa, who is playing in only his third Masters Championship.
• Will Zalatores, Patrick Cantlay, John Ram (1:41 p.m. ET Thursday): Joining Zalatori, last year’s Masters runner-up, Cantlay, FedExCup 2021 Champion and US Open Ram Champion.
• Jordan Spieth, Victor Hovland, Xander Shoffeli (1:52 p.m. ET Thursday): Spieth, the 2015 Masters champion, plays with gold medalist Hovland, who climbed to fourth in the world rankings and seventh in FedExCup.
• Matt Fitzpatrick, Brooks Koepka, Rory McIlroy (2:03 p.m. ET Thursday): He is joined by seven-time DP World Tour winner Fitzpatrick, four-time champion Kupka and McIlroy. All chasing their first green jacket, with McIlroy touring the Grand Slam.
Scroll below for full pairs and find out when your favorite Augusta National player will start.
* – symbolizes amateurs