The U.S. embassy said Tuesday it has ordered non-essential staff of its embassy in Shanghai to leave the city amid explosions and austerity measures in the city.
China’s economic capital has been facing the biggest upsurge in lawsuits since the outbreak began. Authorities have locked up almost all of the 25 million residents and placed positive test takers in isolated centers.
It is in this context that the US State Department has ordered the evacuation of (its staff) due to the current Govt-19 epidemic, “a US embassy spokesman said in a statement.
The speech also noted that US diplomats had conveyed to Chinese officials “their concerns regarding the safety and well-being of American citizens.”
China is one of the last countries in the world to implement a rigorous zero-Govt strategy.
It involves a number of actions: imprisoning a few cases as soon as they occur, separating positive test takers from other people, issuing visas on the spot, isolating or detecting migrants upon arrival in the area.
China’s Ministry of Health on Tuesday registered more than 23,000 new positive cases in Shanghai.
Nearly all of its 25 million people are still confined to their homes, and some have difficulty retrieving food.
Many of those who tested positive were kept in solitary confinement in large isolated centers set up in exhibition halls or prefabricated structures.
Last week, the US embassy already stated that it would “allow” non-essential consular staff to leave Shanghai. He also felt that American citizens were at risk of “arbitrary enforcement” of anti-Govt restrictions.