January 28, 2022

Westside People

Complete News World

3rd dose fast for those recovering from COVID-19 in Quebec | Corona virus

The booster dose provides excellent protection against the Omigron variant, Reminds the government in a press release from the Ministry of Health and Social Services.

In the process, those aged 35 and over who have already made an appointment to receive the specified booster dose on Tuesday evening will have access to the service on Thursdays 25 and over.

For those 18 years of age and older, the appointment booking period is brought forward; All adults in Quebec can continue until Friday instead of Monday as previously announced.

A public health recommendation

Interviewed Wednesday on the show The 15-18, At ICI Premiere, Daniel Barre, director of the Quebec Vaccine Campaign Against Covit-19, confirmed that the decision to give a booster dose after the symptoms had disappeared was made following a recommendation from the public health.

In particular, he argued that such a measure was already in place in the United States.

Mr. who is not a doctor. Barre did not want to present the scientific reasons that led to public health to prescribe a third dose vaccine for COPEs suffering from COVID-19 from the end of their symptoms. However, he insisted that it was worth doing these things Very simple.

As the number of cases has exploded in recent weeks and the government’s screening capacity has dropped significantly, many Cubs suffering from Covit-19 symptoms have been wondering whether or not to meet the recommended eight-week deadline. , Mr. Barry explained. .

We got a lot of questions. Am I waiting? Am I not waiting? Did I get it? I do not understand? As a result, the Directorate General of Public Health made a discovery: once the symptoms are gone, it is easy to explain whether they are related to COVID or whether they are the source of influenza. […] You need to go to take the third dose.

Not everyone is his opinion. This is the case of Dr. Carl Weiss, a microbiologist and epidemiologist at the Jewish General Hospital and a professor of medicine at the University of McGill. Very, very confusing The idea of ​​giving a quick booster dose to those recovering from Covit-19.

See also  Armed heroes were saved by the economic crisis of COVID-19

I am very curious as to what led to such a recommendation, He said in ICI RDI. In fact, according to him, There is not much benefit in vaccinating people with Govt disease.

Especially if these are already two recipients [ou trois doses], Healed, probably not very sick, already have good immunity because they are not very sick and in addition, who Raised Their immune system is substantial with disease, he said.

Where a person with a serious infection is immediately vaccinated and does things like that, there is no infection status.

A quote Dr. Carl Weiss is a microbiologist-epidemiologist at the Jewish General Hospital

Dr. Weiss believes that those who have recently experienced symptoms associated with COVID-19 should wait instead At least three months After infection before receiving a booster dose.

Manufacturers of messenger RNA vaccines, especially Pfizer or Moderna, are developing new vaccines that will soon be available, and he says it will be more suitable for the Omigron variant and its derivatives.

His colleague Sicily Tremblay, a microbiologist-epidemiologist at CHUM, is of lesser classification.

Science at the best interval is not clear, Dr Tremble told Radio-Canada on Wednesday. In my opinion, people with Covit-19 need a third dose. Giving it up quickly speeds up security in the context of Wave 5. However, this is not an emergency. They may recover slightly from their illness.

On Monday, Dr. Horacio Arruda signed a public health recommendation that Radio-Canada could consult. The day he resigned.

To justify his decision, he states: Recommendation of the National Advisory Council on the Immunization of Canada (CNNI); The position of the Quebec Immunization Commission (CIQ) does not rule out this option; Status of US CDCs; PCR tests are not available; And Limited laboratory capacity.

Quebec has been known for several days for a sharp increase in the number of people admitted to hospital due to Govt-19 infection. Wednesday, lThe total number of people he admitted to the hospital was 2,877, 135 more than the previous day.

And it’s not over. Last week, two project models selected by the National Institutes of Health and Social Services (INESSS) Predicted growth in new hospitals Combined with COVID-19 in Quebec.

For normal beds, estimates suggest that the occupancy of these patients may exceed 3,000 beds in two weeks. In addition, about 20,000 health workers did not show up for work.