April 13, 2024

Westside People

Complete News World

He dies after inhaling helium from his party balloon

He dies after inhaling helium from his party balloon

An eight-year-old boy who breathed helium from a birthday balloon has died.

Luke Ramon Harper died of severe brain damage on April 2, 2021 at Temple Street Children’s Hospital in Dublin, Ireland.

His story made headlines last week.

Hillary McSweeney, the baby’s mother, has spoken openly about her son’s final moments.

Luke, who has autism spectrum disorder and ADHD, explained that he spent time playing games and watching YouTube videos in his bedroom on the day of the play.

It was at dinner time that he saw the lifeless baby lying on the floor with the balloon covered.

According to Ms McSweeney, the balloon had been in Luke’s room for about a week and had begun to ventilate.

The Irish Mirror reports that she thinks the baby may have been poisoned with helium when she tried to inflate again.

The boy was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead at the scene.

“I knew Luke was dead and the machines kept him alive,” his mother told an inquest with Grona Gallagher.

“It’s really a stupid accident.”

Luke’s father said that his son, who received balloons like this before his birthday, did not know that helium was sometimes inhaled to change his voice.

The coroner concluded the accident and said he would not make a recommendation. However, she worries about the dangers of inhaling helium-like gases and her ignorance of the catastrophic consequences.

See also  A teacher was stabbed to death by a student in France