April 18, 2024

Westside People

Complete News World

How Kate and William scheduled their cancer announcement over the Easter weekend to make sure their children heard it before anyone else

How Kate and William scheduled their cancer announcement over the Easter weekend to make sure their children heard it before anyone else

Princess Kate and her husband, Prince William, timed their cancer announcement to coincide with their children's Easter holiday to ensure they heard before anyone else.

Their children Prince Louis, four, Prince George, nine, and her sister Princess Charlotte, seven, were separated from Lambrook School in Bracknell for Easter on Friday.

The family released Kate's video announcement to the press a few hours after school closed so her children wouldn't immediately face questions on the playground after the news broke.

A palace source said: “George is 10 years old now and cannot be protected from any of this now.” Sunday times.

“Once he gets to the school gate and onto the school playground, he won't be able to avoid it.”

The Welsh waited for the announcement of Kate's cancer diagnosis to protect their children from playground gossip
The Princess of Wales has comforted her young children after being diagnosed with cancer. Pictured: Kate with her children George, Charlotte and Louis in a photo released to mark Mother's Day this month
Prince William and Kate with George, Louis and Charlotte to spend an afternoon at Lambrook School in 2022

The three children are not scheduled to return for the summer semester until April 17.

READ MORE: 'Tell George, Charlotte and Louis, 'I'm fine and I'm getting stronger every day': Princess of Wales reveals how she reassures her young children that mum will be OK amid her battle with cancer

They will now spend the next three weeks with their mum and dad at the family retreat Anmer Hall, a Georgian country house that is part of the Sandringham Estate.

A source close to William told the newspaper that losing his mother when he was just 15 caused him to go into “protection mode” with his children now facing the health of their mother being raised in public.

One aide said: All he wants to do is protect his wife and children. The family just wants to go away for Easter, spend time together, the five of them, isolate themselves from the world and get on with their lives.

See also  Logan Paul says he sustained serious knee ligament damage in a WWE match

The Welsh retreated from public duties after Kate, 42, said she was undergoing preventive chemotherapy in her emotional video message.

The Prince and Princess of Wales and their three children will not attend next week's traditional Royal Easter Mass, which King Charles hopes to attend, and will instead focus their energy on supporting their family.

While at Anmer Hall, the family is expected to focus on the people involved and not the institution of the monarchy.

Princess Kate and her family have found refuge at their home Anmer Hall (pictured) where she, Prince William and their children will shut out the world and move on while she undergoes cancer treatment
The Princess of Wales was pictured making her last official royal appearance at a Christmas church service at Sandringham on December 25
Family at last year's traditional Easter Mass at St. George's Chapel in Windsor
Prince William and Princess Kate pictured with their three children Prince George (left), Princess Charlotte (right) and Prince Louis (centre) at Anmer Hall in Norfolk for their 2020 Christmas card

While the future king and queen feel the responsibility of their roles in the royal family, a close friend hopes their departure will be a good thing due to the warm reaction and support from the public.

This comes after the Princess of Wales poignantly revealed how she reassures her young children amid her battle with cancer after announcing her fight against the disease.

READ MORE: King Charles and Kate's hospital heart-to-hearts: Monarch 'dresses up' to visit Princess of Wales to 'encourage and support' her as they recover from surgeries

She said in her statement on Friday that she and Prince William explained the situation to their children, George, Charlotte and Louis, after the “huge shock” of her diagnosis.

Princess Catherine said she told them she was doing well and getting stronger every day, and that she was focusing on things that would help me heal.

She also revealed that she felt relieved to have her husband by her side and that they were doing “everything we can to address and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”

See also  'Supernatural' actress Nikki Aycox has died at the age of 47

The family announced that they will not attend Easter Mass this year, after attending the service with their three children for the first time last year.

Prince William is scheduled to return to his public duties after his children return to school after the Easter break.

Welsh people are said to have been “deeply moved” and “deeply moved” by the public's warmth and support following Kate's cancer diagnosis.

There has been a global outpouring of support, including from the King, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, political figures and members of the public.

A Kensington Palace spokesman said on Saturday: “The Prince and Princess have been hugely touched by the kind messages from people here in the UK, across the Commonwealth and around the world in response to Her Royal Highness’s letter.”

“They have been extremely touched by the public’s warmth and support and are grateful that their request for privacy is understood at this time.”

Charles, who was diagnosed with cancer in February, is said to be proud of his “beloved” daughter-in-law for having the courage to speak out about her treatment and has remained in close contact over the past few weeks.

It has been confirmed that the family will not attend Easter Mass in Windsor next Sunday
Prince William and Princess Kate pictured with Prince George, Prince Charlotte and baby Prince George at Anmer Hall in December 2018
Pictured: The Princess of Wales attends a Christmas carol service together at Westminster Abbey with her husband, Prince William, and their children George, Charlotte and Louis, on December 8 last year
The diagnosis was made after the future queen underwent abdominal surgery at a London clinic in January. Pictured: Police officers stand guard outside the building on January 28

It was revealed on Saturday that the king put on his robe and “walked” to comfort his daughter-in-law as they recovered from surgery at a London clinic.

Read more: Kate wrote her entire speech about cancer battle 'on her own and very quickly': The Princess of Wales wanted to 'quell further health gossip and speculation' and felt it was her duty to open up and reassure the public

The King and Princess of Wales were both inpatients at the prestigious clinic in Marylebone, north London, in January where they underwent major surgery.

See also  Kourtney Kardashian wears Dolce & Gabbana wedding dress to marry Travis Parker

Words of support also came from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who said: “We wish good health and recovery to Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so in privacy and peace.”

The form of the cancer has not been revealed, but the future queen began a course of “preventive chemotherapy” in late February, and is said to be in a positive mindset for her recovery and in good spirits, describing herself as “doing well and getting stronger every day.” day'.

Well-wishers headed to Windsor, Berkshire, on Saturday morning, including Linda Booby, from Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, who said: “This is a huge shock, she is a young lady and deserves her privacy.”

Political leaders from all parties expressed sympathy and support for Kate and criticized what Prime Minister Rishi Sunak described as the “intense scrutiny” she faced from social media and media sectors around the world.

The announcement may end weeks of intense speculation and conspiracy theories on social media about the whereabouts and health of the future queen.

Another development saw an investigation by the UK's privacy watchdog, the Information Commissioner's Office, into allegations of attempts to access Kate's private medical records at the London clinic where she had surgery.

It is not known how long Kate will receive treatment, but it is understood that she may be keen to attend events when she feels able to, in line with medical advice, although this would not indicate a return to her full-time duties.